Friday, July 24, 2009

WINDING DOWN...........and our running back ?'s

been a while since I've posted. Been busy with cases and school. Thankfully I have a week of clinicals total and I am a Clarian Grad! It's that time of the year folks. Draft picks are beginning to sign....teams are trimming those 2-3 UDFA's to cut the roster down to the correct amount for camp......which is right around the corner! This offseason, as usual, has been absolutely brutal. Another summer filled with literally no news. Thankfully it's coming to an end. I can't wait to get to camp to see these guys practice. IT should be a very interesting camp as opposed to last year where it was littered with questions about Peyton's health and watching Quinn Gray and J-load suck for a month. Thankfully I don't think that is going to happen this year. I will definitely be looking to see some things in the preseason. Donald Brown's performance will be under close watch. Is Mike hart healthy? If not will Lance Ball step up and take that spot? I think Running back is the most intriguing battle in this years camp. We got Joe, Donald, hart, ball, and simpson. I think chad simpson better average 35 yards a return in order to make the team this year. Ball is the wild card. his performance last year against tennessee was impressive but then again it was against their scrub team on the last game. I hope mike hart can bounce back from an ACL because he's such a fun guy to cheer for. His work ethic and hard nosed mentality make him a fan favorite and he is a very nice guy. But the biggest topic for this group is the top spot. Joe and Donald. My hopes are that Joe can bounce back and look like the back we saw the first 6 games of 07. The quick feet, decisiveness, and great hands all make for a damn good back. If he falls into the 08 back with a feeble body, slow feet, plodding, and dancing than brown will step right in. I don't think that will happen though. My money is on Joe starting, getting 15-18 carries a game, donald getting 10-12 carries per game and if Clyde is smart......maybe we'll see them both in the backfield together in the gun. They can both catch the ball well and that kind of a set with Dallas, Reggie, and Gonzo all on the field at the same time would be a flippin nightmare to cover. I feel sorry for the linebackers defending a set like that. I hope my speculation turns into reality.





No comments:

Post a Comment