Friday, July 24, 2009
been a while since I've posted. Been busy with cases and school. Thankfully I have a week of clinicals total and I am a Clarian Grad! It's that time of the year folks. Draft picks are beginning to sign....teams are trimming those 2-3 UDFA's to cut the roster down to the correct amount for camp......which is right around the corner! This offseason, as usual, has been absolutely brutal. Another summer filled with literally no news. Thankfully it's coming to an end. I can't wait to get to camp to see these guys practice. IT should be a very interesting camp as opposed to last year where it was littered with questions about Peyton's health and watching Quinn Gray and J-load suck for a month. Thankfully I don't think that is going to happen this year. I will definitely be looking to see some things in the preseason. Donald Brown's performance will be under close watch. Is Mike hart healthy? If not will Lance Ball step up and take that spot? I think Running back is the most intriguing battle in this years camp. We got Joe, Donald, hart, ball, and simpson. I think chad simpson better average 35 yards a return in order to make the team this year. Ball is the wild card. his performance last year against tennessee was impressive but then again it was against their scrub team on the last game. I hope mike hart can bounce back from an ACL because he's such a fun guy to cheer for. His work ethic and hard nosed mentality make him a fan favorite and he is a very nice guy. But the biggest topic for this group is the top spot. Joe and Donald. My hopes are that Joe can bounce back and look like the back we saw the first 6 games of 07. The quick feet, decisiveness, and great hands all make for a damn good back. If he falls into the 08 back with a feeble body, slow feet, plodding, and dancing than brown will step right in. I don't think that will happen though. My money is on Joe starting, getting 15-18 carries a game, donald getting 10-12 carries per game and if Clyde is smart......maybe we'll see them both in the backfield together in the gun. They can both catch the ball well and that kind of a set with Dallas, Reggie, and Gonzo all on the field at the same time would be a flippin nightmare to cover. I feel sorry for the linebackers defending a set like that. I hope my speculation turns into reality.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
1. Tom Brady: For gods sake people, I'm a die hard Colts fan......who else were you expecting? Watching the giants Defensive line plant this overhyped prettyboy douche in XLII was pretty fun. Why he gets so much freakin credit I don't know. The press just melts over his 6th round underdog story. All I have to say is that if you take Brady off his team the backup leads them to an 11 win season and barely misses the playoffs. Take 18 of the colts.......I don't want to think about it.
2. Phillip Rivers: throws like a woman, acts like a 4 year old, and leads the most annoyingly confident team in professional sports. That performance of his in the Playoffs last season when all he did was flail around the backfield and throw the ball 7 yards pass the line straight into the ground because DFREE and Bert mathis were breathing down his redneck ass should speak of him enough.......WUSS
3. TO: selfish, annoying, team wrecker, brickhanded, MORON. He ruins teams, Dances after every play, and cares about nobody but himself. He has the most obvious "ME FIRST" demeanor in the NFL.
4. LT: plays for the chargers. Winey, obnoxious, baby of a player. if it doesn't go his way, he pouts and throws a fit.... amazingly enough he acts just like his petty obnoxious woman armed QB.
5. Jeremy Shockey: Sucky teammate, overrated, me-first guy. His rookie season was pretty impressive. I remember watching him dominate our Colts in the dome in 02. Probably his most famous play of his overhyped career was when he Trucked over little David Gibson......that was impressive. Then the talk, dances, fallouts with teammates, run-ins with coaches.....ugh. He's annoying. So annoying he pisses off Drew Brees..........what a douche.
Monday, July 6, 2009
I am always reading posts and posts and posts on other sites, blogs, and forums about this exact topic and I thought I'd start a little thing on it. The way the colts are constructed it's imperative that the team finds those UDFA hidden gems like Gary Brackett, Eric Foster, Melvin Bullitt, Jeff Saturday etc, etc, etc. WE al know BP and staff are all masters at finding these types of players via draft or UDFA. That is why my most underrated player is an UDFA. He started the route of a usual Colt UDFA.....starting on special teams, then following the "next man up" team philosophy when a certain BEAST safety started his injury streak.
here's a few hints:
Texas A&M starter
5 career Interceptions, 3 of which are against the Houston Texans.
4 picks in 08 3 where game sealers
#33 on your roster
any clue who it is yet???
Yes it's Melvin Bullitt. One of those players like Antione Bethea once was early in his career. Those always around the ball type of players. Not necessarily the fastest, strongest, flashiest players on the roster but his humble attitude towards life, military upbringing, hustle, and knack for being where the ball is what makes him one of my favorite unheralded Colts on the roster. He stepped up bigtime last year when bob went down early. That playing time last season gives him that experience that will make him very valuable come this season for our coverage packages and down the road as Antoine becomes a FA (lord I hope BP and Jimmy cough up some cash to keep him in town because he's fun to watch). Old larry can get creative with maybe Melvin in the slot with Bob and Antoine behind him?
Ok.....time to start studying some situational medicine questions for certifying exam.