Sunday, June 28, 2009

Breakout player in 09 will be.......

During this incredibly boring time in the NFL year, I find myself contemplating who I think will be that breakout player wearing the shoe on his helmet. These are my two choices from the offensive and defensive squads

Pierre Garcon: I thought about putting down Jacob Tamme, but his injuries allowed Gijon Robinson to step up and take his potential spot. For Pierre I see his stat line being about 50-55 catches, 600-650 yards, 5-7 TD's. Again this is PURELY speculation, but I think it is definitely attainable. Reading the articles, watching the interviews with coaches and Peyton I think he has made quite a bit of progress with absorbing that wonderfully complex offense. There is a short clip of a few plays in practices of this kid running by Jerraud Powers on a 9, tracking the ball down, and making a really nice grab. I really hope he can look like that throughout the season. It'd be sweet to turn a 6th round, division III prospect into a good slot guy. Sure can't wait to find out!

Clint Session: This is a complete No brainer to me. Clint's strength is tackling and roaming free around the field. That is why I grin when I think about this guy being the starting WILL linebacker. Letting him roam to blow up running plays is a GREAT idea. I really really would love to see Coyer blitz him some. He is a perfect example of a downhill linebacker. I think it would be a good idea to rush 55 off the edge....right behind Robert Mathis. I see probably around 100 tackles, maybe 3 sacks, 2 picks, 3 force fumbles.....again that's speculation




No comments:

Post a Comment